Congratulations on receiving your new tattoo! Proper aftercare of your tattoo is essential to the process. To ensure that your new tattoo heals properly follow these simple instructions:
- Your artist may wrap your tattoo, follow their instructions for when to remove the wrap.
- For the first 3-4 days while your tattoo is healing, it is important wash carefully and frequently and apply ointment to keep the tattoo moist.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your tattoo.
- Thoroughly wash your tattoo with lukewarm water and antibacterial soap. Use only your fingertips, do not use a washcloth or anything abrasive on your tattoo.
- With a paper towel or clean cloth, pat your tattoo dry – do not wipe.
- Apply a thin layer of aftercare ointment to the tattoo.
- Do not soak your tattoo in water. Avoid baths, pools, hot tubs and the ocean while healing.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for 2-3 weeks. Do not use tanning oils or lotions.
- If going to the beach, avoid contact with sand.
- Keep your tattoo away from pet dander, tight-fitting clothing and/or jewelry while healing.
- After healing is completed, continue to apply SPF 35 or higher sun screen to protect your tattoo.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call or stop by the shop. Our artists would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
BODY PIERCING AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
Congratulations! You have just received a body piercing by a skilled and knowledgeable professional who cleaned and disinfected the area pierced, used a sterile instrument such as jewelry and a single use needle. Now it is up to you to take proper care of your piercing during the crucial healing period. How your piercing heals is up to you and your body!
Depending on the piercing, healing may take anywhere from 90 days to a year to be completely healed.
What to do?
- Wash your hands prior to touching the piercing. Always leave it alone except when cleaning . It is not necessary to rotate the jewelry while healing.
- A sea salt spray (H2Ocean, which is sold at Evolution Ink) is highly recommended to use. Simply spray your piercing 2-3 times a day
Cleaning Instructions for Oral Piercings
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouth wash anytime you eat, drink, or smoke anything!
- Rinse with alcohol-free mouth wash in the morning 2-3 times per day and one final time before sleep.
What to avoid
- Undue trauma such as friction from clothing, excessive motion of the area, playing with the jewelry, and vigorous cleaning. These activities can cause the formation of unsightly and uncomfortable scar tissue, migration, and prolonged healing.
- Avoid the use of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, betadine, hibiclens, or ointments.
- Avoid over-cleaning! This can actually delay your healing and irritate your piercing.
- Avoid oral contact, rough play, and contact with other body fluids on or near your new piercing.
- Avoid all beauty and personal care products on or around the piercing including cosmetics, lotions, sprays, etc.
- Do not hang charm-jewelry or any other objects from your piercing until it is fully healed.
- Refrain From swimming in lakes, rivers, and streams. If you must swim, always clean thoroughly after swimming in pools and the ocean.
As always, if you need any assistance or help in any way with your new piercing, our piercing team here at Evolution Ink will always be more than happy to help you. Please contact us or visit the shop at anytime!
Thank you for choosing Evolution Ink for all of your piercing needs!